Saturday, January 25, 2014

Projects are important

I have decided that I really love having my students do a project once a week. It does't have to be a big one, just something they can look forward toward the end of the unit. For instance, this past Thursday we became paleontologists. They had so much fun digging for chocolate chip cookies. Not only that, so  did I. I push them so hard everyday to grasp the concept I'm teaching, that sometimes I forget they are just second graders. So, of course I went to my favorite websites Pinterest and TpT. It is extremely hard teaching children how to tell time. Don't even get me started on my plant unit. Its a disaster! All of my little seeds have either dried out or drowned (too much water) that I'm embarrassed to even have my kiddos look at them.. sigh.. all well.. For this week's lesson plans we will continue to work on telling time, finish our fossil unit, work on prefixes and suffixes, and also celebrate 100th Day of School! Okay people or person who reads my blog have a great Sunday!
Last Year's 100th Day T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment